While there are more opportunities than ever for designing your own career and living life on your terms, it can be overwhelming to know where to start.
Sometimes, there’s nothing like advice from someone with a fresh perspective who has been there and done what you’re thinking about doing.
And I got such a positive response from 15 Little Inspirational Blogs That Deserve To Be Big, that I thought you’d also enjoy career help in the form of business and career blogs that will help you skyrocket your career. <– Tweet This!
I’ve included some great resources not only for those of you thinking about or actually starting your own venture, but also resources for folks wanting a new and better job.
Here we go!
1. Check out Automate Your Growth for some serious help with the nuts and bolts of running an online business. Having good systems in place and the right tools can be the difference between success and failure. But most of us don’t have the money to keep our businesses running as we figure it all out from scratch. Cut to the chase and check out this blog by Tina Forsyth, an automation wiz.
2. Quality-Resumes.com is run by my friend and colleage, Steve Brady. Honestly, Steve is a superhero. By day, he’s a mild-mannered English teacher, and by night. . . he runs Quality Resumes – a website dedicated to helping you with your linked in profile, your online branding, and of course killer resumes and cover letters.
3. Laura Vermont runs the blog Mom Goes Online. It’s targeted toward women who want to build a family friendly business they love. But with posts like “8 Simple Steps To Protect Your Website From Hackers (Even if You’re Not Technical)“, she has a much wider appeal.
4. Philip is a genius of online marketing at Gain Profit Income. Every post is amazingly useful. And when I say useful, I don’t just mean interesting. I mean Philip is dedicated to giving you real ideas, tips and tools to help you with your online marketing.
5. Catherine’s Career Corner is a great resource for people looking to “work smarter not harder on their career.” She’s got tons of fantastic content – from her post “100 Blog Articles That Every Job Seeker Should Read” to “Most Asked Job Interview Questions and How To Answer Them.”
6. If you’ve ever tried to do anything like marketing your small business, you’ll understand the compulsion to get everything just right. Stacy Nelson really takes the pressure off at Marketing Imperfect. Stacy will help you market your business in a way that’s effective – even if you’re not perfect.
7. You’ve heard that you should be blogging, right? Whether you want to run your own business or land a great job, blogging is a tool that can help. But (surprise) blogging is hard work – and time consuming. Enter, The Ghost Blogger, who will help you create (or create for you) great content that’s designed to attract customers and get them to open their wallets.
8. While everyone loves money, not all of us are great about managing it well or attracting more of it. That’s why I love Judith Stephen’s blog Yes To Financial Fitness. She helps you with your money mindset, so you can get out of your own way when it comes to what you can earn, and helps you get creative about how you can earn it.
9. If you’ve already started a business but need help with getting really clear about who your ideal client is, check out http://www.phillipakiripatea.com. Phillipa uses “Love Marketing” to attract clients to you and make you irresistible.
10. Blogging with Amy is a big blog, and deservedly so. Amy’s posts and email “use letters” (not just newsletters!) are insanely useful. She covers everything from SEO to writing an ebook, time management and resources and articles from around the web. If blogging is part of your business, be warned: blogging without Amy may be hazardous to your health.
11. Jane Atkinson is the Speaker Launcher. She can help you launch your new speaking career or polish your existing one. If speaking professionally is something you aspire to, you must check out http://www.speakerlauncher.com
So there you are – 11 business blogs that can help you skyrocket your career. I hope you enjoy them, and that they give you real tools you can use!
Tell me: Which are the most helpful to you? And what do you wish was here that wasn’t? Please leave your thoughts in the comments section!