I want to kiss the whole world with this mouth.
Love on full blast with just a hint of smart ass.
I’m Jessica Sweet and I believe that you deserve better than a job you hate.
I know that you have so much creativity and talent, and it’s just waiting to be unleashed onto something you care about.
I believe that the world becomes a better place when we’re doing what we believe in.
That’s why I help 40 and 50-somethings find or create work they want to be doing. Work that feels like you.
If you’re feeling:
- bored at work
- like your job is out of sync with your life and values
- that you’re tired of your cubicle and want to experience real people again
- like your passion and purpose are missing
- that you’re not learning anything new
- that you don’t get to use the best parts of you – your creativity, your compassion, or your emotional intelligence
- like you never want to go back to your job again!
then you’re in the right place. I’m glad you’re here.
How can I help you find what’s next in your career?
I say that I work backwards.
Instead of helping you try on different job roles, or making you take a million career aptitude tests, I start from the inside out.
I want to understand who you are and what you want – and I help you understand that too.
Together, we will look at your true values, needs, and how you want to feel at work. We also put that together with the practicalities of your situation and the needs you have in your life.
Because what use is a fancy new job title if in the end you feel just as unhappy as when you started??
My process has gotten my clients amazing results. You can read some glowing testimonials here.
Working with a coach is fulfilling and intense experience. Expect to change your life – that’s what you’ve signed up for!!
So you have to like who you’re working with. Here’s a little info so you can start to get to know me.
Here’s all the things you always wanted to know about me but were too afraid to ask. 🙂
1. I was born in mid-coast Maine. But no, I don’t have an accent. Not even a little. (Ayuh.)
2. I married my high-school sweetheart. We’re still married. <3
3. I love to read, and I’ve thought about this hard: If I could choose a superpower it would be speed reading.
4. My favorite book is A Prayer For Owen Meany. The message is that even though Owen is a little odd, he turns out to be perfect for a really important job. In fact, his “oddness” makes him the only one who can do it. Kinda exactly what I believe about the work we all do.
5. I dream of living in a tropical climate on the beach. Think palm trees and white sand, huge blue ocean. . . heaven.
6. My Dad hated his job while I was growing up. I guess that made quite an impression.
7. I have both a Bachelor’s and a Master’s degree in Social Work, and I practiced as a clinical social worker and a psychotherapist before becoming a career coach.
8. I have two daughters. Sometimes I use their pictures in my posts.
9. I suffer from chronic migraine. If you get migraines or know someone who does, you’ll understand how much it stinks to get 15 or more a month. Thankfully, mine are now under control with Imitrex, Botox and lifestyle changes.
10. I haven’t eaten red meat or pork since I was 16. I figure, if I couldn’t kill it, I shouldn’t eat it. So I stick to turkey, chicken, and the occasional fish.
11. I’m (almost) always cold. (See number 5).
12. I’m kind of sarcastic, but never mean. (It’s an art form.)
13. My birthday is August 16th. I share it with Madonna and Steve Carell. It’s also the day Elvis officially left the building.
14. My mom was born in Italy. That doesn’t mean I can cook, though I do like to eat. But I can’t anymore. (Boo.) In fact, since last year (when the pic you see was taken) I’ve gone dairy, gluten and sugar free (see #9) so I’ve lost 40 pounds!!
15. I’m actually enjoying eating better food (yay for veggies!) and I’m definitely enjoying feeling better!
16. I’ve gotten kicked out of public places for laughing too hard. But I wasn’t alone. That would just be weird.
17. Though the holidays stress me out like anyone else, I’m a big kid when it comes to Christmas. My husband tells me I like it more than my little ones! But seriously, give me a warm summer day and I’m the happiest of all!
18. I love to travel. I have a huge list of places I want to go. I was lucky enough to see Spain in 2014. We’ll see where 2015 takes me!!
19. My Myers Briggs type is either INFP or ENFP. I’m right on the edge. . .
20. I love both movies and books that are thrillers or mysteries. Yes, I admit it. While I’ve read my share of classics and literature, at this point in my life I don’t have much time for any titles that aren’t self-help, business, or pulp! But my bucket list includes getting through the 100 best literary novels of all time.
21. I consider myself a creative. I used to paint and draw before I had kids. Now I don’t have much time for it, but I find that building my website feels very similar. I’m also a creative problem solver.
22. I have traced my genealogy back to the 1500’s.
23. I’m a morning person. In fact, in college when my friends were staying out late, it wasn’t uncommon for me to go to bed early and then step over their lazy bodies strewn across my apartment floor in the morning. But I wasn’t as boring as I sound. I was fun in the morning!! 🙂
24. Wishingwell Life Coaching started out as Wishingwell Consulting. It was a philanthropy consulting practice focused on helping people figure out where they wanted to give back in the world. That core idea evolved into the work I do today!
25. Here’s a few of my quirks: I think in pictures. That means I’ll tell you what I “see” and then interpret what that means. You have to experience it. I can’t think and write at the same time. At. All. I think much better when I move. During my coaching sessions I most often pace. It helps me be creative. I’m terrible at math. Don’t try to make me feel better about it by saying “You can’t be that bad.” I really can.
Ok! So those are some fun facts about me. I’d like to get to know you better too. Go ahead and email me!
If you’d like to talk about how I can help you find work you care about, just send me an email at email@example.com