While some people see bucket lists as morbid, I think of them as a kind of vision board.
It’s not really about kicking the bucket, it’s about all the cool stuff I get to do before kicking the bucket.
And there’s just enough reminder in the term “bucket list” to help me remember that I’d better do it, because that bucket’s gonna get kicked sooner or later. . . .
So here goes.
My ever-evolving Bucket List (in no particular order):
1. Take a 3 month trip around Europe
2. Swim with whale sharks
3. Read 100 of the greatest novels ever written
4. Help my daughters be happy and successful, as they define it.
5. Celebrate my 70th wedding anniversary with my husband (only 59 to go!)
5. Live on the coast of Spain or Italy for a year
6. Write and publish at least one novel
7. Take a hot air balloon ride over Arizona or New Mexico
8. Travel to New Zealand for a tour of their natural wonders
9. Help 10,000 + people to do what they love
10. Spend lazy days with my family wandering the streets of Paris, eating at cafes and visiting everything from tiny shops to tourist attractions
11. Yosemite National Park
12. Learn to dance without embarrassing myself!
13. See the Northern Lights
14. Learn to surf
15. Learn conversational Spanish
16. Try karaoke
17. Spend Christmas in London
18. Attend a yoga retreat
19. Run a half-marathon
20. Travel to the South Pacific
Go hiking in the rain forest Completed in Costa Rica 2/07
22. Ride the top 10 rollercoasters in the world
23. Go on an African Safari
Go birding in Costa Rica Completed 2/07
25. Go on a whale watch
26. Meet Oprah!
27. See the Grand Canyon
28. Helicopter ride in Hawaii
Climb the Eiffel Tower Completed 9/07
30. Visit Iguazu National Park
32. Ride an elephant
33. Visit Machu Picchu
34. Visit all 50 States
Ride a cable car in San Franscisco completed 2005
36. Attend a red carpet event
37. Get good at flower gardening
38. Get crafty! Take up cardmaking, creative present wrapping and other paper crafts
39. Start and run an education and empowerment non-profit for kids with my husband
Have two beautiful children Completed ’08 & ’11
41. Spend winters (or big chunks of them) somewhere sunny.
42. Spend a week (or more) at a meditation retreat
43. Publish a children’s book
44. “Ramble” in England with my family
45. Attend TED talks
46. See U2 in concert
47. Eat at the best restaurants in 10 major cities including: New York, Paris, London, San Francisco, Rome, Tokyo and Barcelona
Participate in a flash mob completed 5/12
49. Own a telescope
51. Visit Croatia
Tour Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris 9/07
53. Go whitewater rafting
54. Have a murder mystery themed party weekend
55. Learn more about medevial history
56. Visit Petra, Jordan
57. Tour the Amalfi Coast
58. Visit my mother’s birthplace in Italy
59. Glacier National Park
60. Swim with manta rays
61. Helicopter tour of Nasca Lines
62. Easter Island
63. Build my dream home
64. Complete my mother’s family tree (father’s completed to 1512 on 1/12)
65. Learn more about history
66. Attend at least one personal development or business conference per year
I don’t know how many of these dreams I’ll get to complete, but what know for sure is that the more I learn and grow, the more I want to do, see and experience, so my list will always be expanding!
So now it’s your turn. . . what’s on your list?
Create yours using the Bucket List Template I made for you!