We’ve all been there – a lazy Sunday afternoon when everything you have to do is done and suddenly, you’re not quite sure what to do with yourself anymore.
Probably though you have so much to do that those times are few and far between these days.
But do you sometimes have a nagging feeling that all you really do anymore is the stuff you have to do?
You may be feeling a little bored with your life, like you’re a robot going through the motions doing everything you need to get done.
But what about your happiness, your need for inspiration, your absolute requirement for fun and excitement?
There’s no need to put it on the back burner any longer.
It’s time to bring those things back into your life today with these 5 little ideas. These are some great things to do when you are bored with life:
1. Host a Potluck Party: Invite only people you love who make you laugh and you know will leave you with a warm glow at the end of the night. You can put a twist on it by asking those friends to bring a friend they love too (someone you’ve never met). That way you’ll be meeting new great people and have an evening of fun and laughter. Plus, you’ll have plenty of people to choose from when it comes time to decide who’s house it’s at next week.
2. Take a drive with no set destination: Pick a timeframe, pack appropriately, take a friend if you’d like, and do it the old-fashioned way – see where the road takes you. Make plenty of stops along the way, talk to people, and just be spontaneous! Have your adventures out there and see what unfolds!
3. Pick up your old hobby: What was it? Do you even remember? Painting, drawing, music, playing chess, or underwater basket-weaving, it doesn’t matter. Just do something you used to love. And if you really can’t remember, or if there truly was no old hobby, pick something you’ve always wanted to try.
4. Help Out: There’s truly nothing like the feeling of helping someone in need. Whether you choose to volunteer, give some change to a homeless person, or donate your used items to charity, it doesn’t matter. What does matter is that what you do gives you that glow inside. If you give back and you don’t get that glow, go back and try again. Don’t stop until you really feel it.
5. Watch Mother Nature: ‘Cause she’s kinda awesome. If you’re not paying attention you need to start now. Everything from the change of seasons to how a flower grows to shooting stars and the ocean waves. If that’s not inspiration, I don’t know what is!
If you’re bored with life, it’s a sign that you need to do something different. Start today!